Saturday, December 02, 2006

in the morning in the wintershade

Two things that have recently increased my geekitude factor: 1. I am frighteningly addicted to the Yahtzee widget I downloaded. 2. I stayed in last night and watched tons of Battlestar Galactica DVDs (damn you J and G! I was a little slow to get on board, but I just finished disc 1 of Season 2 and am quite officially hooked).

But! Tonight I have been invited to a Christmas party by some work people. It's quite refreshing to have coworkers who are in their 20s (or, at the very least, not married with teenage children). I eat lunch with this crew, but this will be the first time I've socialized with them outside of work. They're a nice bunch, though, so it should be fun.

Anyway, I should go pick up some booze for the party (we're supposed to bring either food or beverage, but it seems that a lot of people are bringing food so I'm opting for the latter... probably some sort of apple cocktail). It's starting to get cold now... I guess winter is on the way!

1 comment:

Jed said...

Dearest C,

I was reading your post and realized halfway through that most likely the party that I am going to tonight is a Holiday Party. I don't know why it hadn't crossed my mind. The partner that i'm working for now on this trial invited me yesterday to his house for a party, with no more description than that. I should probably buy some booze too.

Unlike you though, I think the attendees tonight will mostly be men in their 50s and 60s.

All of whom I think I may have met on a bike ride 2 years ago....