Saturday, April 07, 2007

suppose i kept on singing love songs just to break my own fall

The weekends where I feel unusually motivated to 'get things done' (i.e., clean my room, organize my clothes, do laundry, work on my resume) always end up being the ones where I have the least time to pursue those things. Last night MMac was in town, so we went for a beer (a rather short one, sadly, since I was totally beat) and caught up a little. Not that I would have managed to get a whole lot done on Friday night, but I was kind of hoping to also work some reading into my schedule and also get up early today. But whatever, it was good to see him so it's fine.

Today I did manage to wake up at a reasonable hour, and although I took my coffee and breakfast at a leisurely pace I have managed to do quite a bit of cleaning. I even parted with two full bags of clothes that I no longer wear, which is very difficult for me because I feel like most of it wasn't really that old. The other half of my wardrobe is currently tumbling or hanging to dry, as I hadn't done laundry in ages. This afternoon and evening I was planning on doing a little job hunting and cover letter writing, but I'll have to limit it to the next few hours as MW called to let me know that L is in town from Boston for the weekend. Sooo... girls night out, it seems. Again, I am certainly OK with this. It's just that I wish that either a) I was this motivated to be productive every weekend, or b) my social life was more consistent.

Aaaand, of course, tomorrow is Easter. This is the first Easter I have been home for in... oh, let's see... about 5 years? Definitely not post-HWS. I have been recruited to make scalloped potatoes, and I doubt I will accomplish much more than that. Between visiting two sides of the family and it being Sunday, I'm pretty sure that post-dinner will involve little more than sipping tea or wine and reading in bed.

On the plus side, I feel as though my resume has reached a point of development where I don't feel too iffy about sending it out. I just need to make a few kick-ass cover letter outlines and I'll be ready to send them flying! My work friends and I have been talking a lot about how we need to leave our job ASAP. This general consensus, combined with the realization I came to last weekend that I do not, in fact, want to stay in Rochester, has definitely lit a fire under the whole job hunt situation. I don't really want to put a time frame on it, but suffice to say that from this point on I am ready to leave when I am given the opportunity.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that I'll be visiting LA over Memorial Day weekend (May 24th - 29th). I am beyond antsy, and not just because it's been snowing here these past few days! I am anticipating a nice, relaxing weekend.

It's amazing how promising and hopeful I feel right now, compared to this time a year ago, or two years ago. It was Easter weekend three years ago that I moved to New Haven, and Jenn and I had an Easter dinner of sushi. Amazing... it seems like a lifetime ago in a lot of ways. However, I'm feeling really good about the promise of this moment so hopefully it will deliver!

No comments: