Saturday, August 18, 2007

yar.

I could update you on everything I've been up to (mostly catching up with friends at Solera, or saying adieu to coworkers at MacGregor's) but I'm lacking the energy en ce moment. Instead, I'll give you another update of my present favorite things.

1. Alka-Seltzer. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but I can't tell you how many hangovers I've been spared lately, thanks to this fizzy little miracle. Cure for a dodgy tummy and headache all in one! Amazing.

2. J.Crew. Their fall collection has inspired me to flirt with a credit card debt once again. I have a well-documented weakness for tweeds and cardigans that they seem quite happy to exploit.

3. Rome. OB-sessed. I've been watching it on DVD and am presently gorging myself on Season 2, courtesy of Netflix. Sometimes I am so baffled by the actors I find myself attracted to, though. Like, my infatuation with Jonathan Rhys Meyers, I can understand... but Tobias Menzies? Et tu Brute? Random.

4. The Scrabulous application on Facebook. Just like being back at Valhalla! I would also like to state, for the record, that as of this moment I am undefeated.

5. The "Bowie in Space" sketch from Flight of the Conchords. "Whatcha doin' you freaky old bastahd you?" Hee. They have their Bowie pastiche right on, too. The only trouble is that Outback Steakhouse tends to ruin everything for everybody (subsection, Of Montreal) and for the longest time I thought that guy was just a crap actor with a fake Aussie accent.

6. Shorpy: The 100-Year-Old Photo Blog. I am obsessed with all things 19th century - early 20th century. This blog is like crack for history nerds.

7. K and I will be heading to Japan in about 14 months if all goes according to plan. I've never been to Asia, so I'm excited.

No comments: