Sunday, July 15, 2007

what we need is a persuasion, what you give is retaliation

I've finally done it... I've stressed myself into a (most likely psychosomatic) state of gastrointestinal unhappiness. After a few weeks of careful observation, I've learned that food falling under any of the following categories can no longer be safely consumed and digested by my body without severe repercussions (stomach cramps, nausea, indigestion):

*spicy
*greasy/fried
*dairy
*sugary
*caffeinated

So, basically, everything I love has been taken away from me. No more cheese, no more Frank's Red Hot, no more french fries, no more ice cream, no more lattes. Hopefully this will pass once the stress passes, but in the meantime it's the miz. As if my life couldn't get any more bland, right?

Still not so much as a peep on the job hunt front, which continues to support my theory that I must be the least employable person on earth. I have a few applications that I'm holding off on sending in until Monday, when I find out whether or not I got a promotion at my current job. It'd be a nice addition to my resume, even if it is a whole lot more work for an extra $1/hr.

In other news? Perhaps less pouty news? Hmm, let me think.

I picked up a few cute pieces at Target today, as Libertine is the latest GO designer. I wasn't crazy about Patrick Robinson, so I'm happy that they've chosen someone a little more fun this time.

As you can see from my very neat new LibraryThing widget on the sidebar, I'm about to begin The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. On deck are yet another Jeeves book, Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray, and Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.

Ok, I guess I'll be off now to find something to eat that won't leave me huddled in a ball of pain. Baby carrots and ginger ale, so it seems. Good grief...

No comments: