Wednesday, September 27, 2006

yeah. it's just that we're putting new coversheets on all the tps reports *before* they go out now

New job = exhausting. Not that I'm complaining, mind. I'm more than thrilled to be done with that whole obnoxious job search process for a while, even if I do find myself experiencing occasional 'Office Space' moments.

The weekend was pretty fun, though, despite the fact that I was completely shattered. Friday night MB invited me to a dinner party, which was lovely. Good to see him; I'm glad he's still in town. Saturday night I went to dinner with my mother and then came home and watched a few episodes of 'Jeeves and Wooster' (I splurged and bought the box set). I fell asleep rather early and still felt exhausted when I woke up. Sunday G and I went to Abyssinian for yummy Ethiopian food.

I think I'll be heading back to karaoke this Saturday with G and B (MB can't make it this weekend but I'm planning on dragging him out at some point). Friday night will be nothing but 'Jeeves and Wooster,' maybe a bit of wine, and LOTS of sleep.

Oh, and I also have a 'Plan B' formulating in case something goes awry with my grad school plan. Which it might very early if my letters of reference don't arrive on time. I have 1.5/3.0 of them (one in hand, one promised, and one unconfirmed), and as you can imagine that does not set my mind at ease in the slightest. Eep. Anyway, the Plan B involves moving to Europe so it wouldn't be hard to bear at all. Hehe.

I was so glad to talk to people at MB's dinner party that were also plodding through an 'in-between' moment in their lives. Very comforting to know I am not a huge failure yet!

Anyway, it's 10pm, which is apparently my new bedtime. I work 7.30-4 now with a commute that isn't nearly as frustrating as my old one, but is by no means an easy drive. Actually, coming home is usually worse than heading to work. Particularly when the VP swoops into town to attend a little $150-a-head fundraising dinner, causing one of the busiest sections of one of the most congested expressways in Rochester to be closed during rush hour. Just further proof that the man is evil. :P

No comments: